Well we are one ear infection away from talking tubes with the pediatrician. I'm sad, tubes sound scary...but I hear they really do help most of the time. Laurel was diagnosed with her 3rd ear infection yesterday, so we are back on antibiotics and ear drops for pain. She slept in till about 7:30 this morning is already back down for her morning nap at 9:30. Poor thing...she screams with the drops, but luckily she likes her medicine. She actually cries when I put it away!
The doctor said the general rule for tube talks are 4 ear infections within 6 months...I think we're on the 3rd within 3-4 months right now, so it's not looking good. The only positive is that with summer, she will hopefully not get anymore for a while. She's missing her last day of school with Mrs. Kristi today and missed her last day with Mrs. Kathryn yesterday.
To top it all off, I was very excited about going out of town this weekend. We were supposed to go to Atlanta where I was going to shop with my sister in law and then on Sunday we were going to drive down to Macon to see one of my best friends. Darcy had baby Emma 10 days before Laurel was born and we were going to her birthday party. I want so much for Laurel to meet Emma and for them to be friends too. Oh well, it's not meant to be yet. I just need to start praying that Darcy and Jeremy find their way back to Birmingham soon!
Next week we are traveling to Missouri and then onto the New York area for a cousin's graduation and then another cousin's wedding. This means we will be flying with Laurel. I hope taking it easy this weekend will help the ear infection heal before we get on a plane next Friday. I really hope she's not in pain for the flight because that will be one long trip for us and EVERYONE on the plane. If you think about it, please say a prayer for us...
No comments:
Post a Comment