

As of today.....two years is complete. In some ways it seems like just yesterday that she was born and in other ways it seems like so long ago. She was born May 27, 2008 at 1:27 PM. It was a Tuesday after Memorial Day...a planned induction at 39 weeks. She was 8lbs 1 oz and 22" long...newborn clothes were too big. She is now 37.5 inches, 32 pounds and wearing size 3T! We've been through so much already, laughing, sitting, crawling, walking, running, talking, singing, jumping, hugging, kissing. I remember how hard some of those first days were. Some where she'd barely sleep and others she'd sleep all the time. I feel blessed that she has always been a good sleeper though overall. Still sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.
She knows more words than I could try to count. She speaks in 3-4 word sentences now. She loves to say "Where'd it go?" (usually in reference to a train "choo choo"). She says her prayers every night and love to give lots of hugs and kisses before bed. She also says "please", "thanks", and "I love you"!
And...I have to admit one of the highlights of my day was her telling us she had to go "tee tee" when she was in the bath tonight. We picked her up, put her on the potty, and she went, earning her first sticker toward potty training!
It's been two years and how she's already grown. I'm excited to see what the future holds while I hold onto my baby very tight!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sweet Laurel!!
Post a Comment