Friday, October 8, 2010

Waterford 2010


Last weekend we went to Waterford, VA for the first time in about 3 years! It was great to be able to make it, but I wish we had time to stay longer. The Waterford Fair is why the whole family gathers at this time of year. If you are looking for something fun to do in the Northern Virginia/ DC area, I highly recommend!
Each year skilled artisans come and sell their pieces. Not only do they have wonderful things to purchase, many of them demonstrate their art right there on site. You get to observe the making of pottery, basket weaving, candle making, etc...
Besides the fair and wonderful things to buy, you can tour historical homes. I'm naturally nosy about how others decorate, and I have a love of older homes for their charm. These home in Northern Virginia are some of the oldest in the country and packed with charm.
The picture above is when we took Laurel to see the sheep in Waterford. Other than that picture I failed miserable documenting this trip! We were so busy.
Hopefully we can spend an extra day next year! Laurel loves Aunt Jan's house and all her new friends (cousins)!

No comments: