Yesterday we had a quite the day for a 3 day old baby! After keeping Mom and Dad up most of the night for our first night home, the Plucker family had to be ready to go at 11:30 AM...Seems simple...and really wasn't too bad...but wow did we take a lot! We started with our first sponge bath from Mommy. Laurel wasn't too sure about that...but I know she'll love them soon enough. Still so thankful to have my mom (Nana) here...she helped me get it together and made sure we had everything...
Our first sponge bath!
My first outing...to see the doctors...
At noon we had our first pedicatrician appointment. Laurel weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz...so we have been told to supplement with formula until we can get her weight back up. They tested her Jaundice levels again and they were more elevated we found out later that afternoon. So yesterday evening we had a nurse come by to teach us how to use the blue lamp. She is supposed to be on it all the time except for feeding and diaper changes until her Jaudice levels are all down. Hopefully it will only be a couple of days because we just want to hold her and love on her all the time!
Probably the only tanning I'll ever be allowed to do;)
After the pediatrician, we went to the cardiologist to follow up on the heart murmur. Luckily all was great and she has a perfect heart! It was cool getting to see her heart on the ultrasound! While at the office both Jay and I started to feel yuck...he's been feeling bad for a couple of days now...I think I was just nervous because I felt better pretty quickly. He's still a little puny but will hopefully feel better soon.
After a big day...I napped with Daddy!
Last night, Nana gave Mom and Dad the night off. I got a great night's sleep and Jay slept upstairs just in case he is contagious. Since we were told to supplement with formula, Nana took care of the nightime feedings last night...It was glorious...she is such a blessing!
Today we have a nice hang out day planned...We need to clean up some, and visit with various friends and family coming to visit. We love visitors...
2 comments:
She is BEAUTIFUL! I love all that hair:) I promise you'll soon get more sleep in a few more weeks!
Aw, I'm sorry Jay is feeling bad. And glad that you still have some help there! Is the supplementing replacing feedings, or in addition to frequent breastfeeding? I had some serious supply issues with Thomas, so if you need to talk, let me know. We had to work pretty hard over here to establish breastfeeding.
Post a Comment